Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014

Bobbi Brown Brow Kit // First Impression

Hi dolls!

Since the world finally has discovered how amazing brows are, it was time for me to jump on the bandwagon.
Well, I did my brows before, of course. I used the More Brows browgel from ModelCo but I feel like gel is just great to color your actual brows and not to fill them. So it was time for something new.

Yesterday I went to the city to get the MAC Fix+ spray but it was out of stock so I suddenly found myself sitting on the chair at the Bobbi Brown counter. Weird how that always happens.
The lady there tried different brow products on me and we both though, the kit, which contains two different brow powders, would be the best choice for me. Of course it was the most expensive product. Yay. But I got a gift card, so I told myself it's basically for free.


Let's start with the packaging. I just love Bobbi Brown's packagings, they look so classy!
It's not too big and closes very well - great for taking it in your handbag without ruining the kit and everything else you carry with you! Nobody wants brow powder anywhere else than on the brows. Obviously.

 
And tadaa! Here it is in all it's beauty.
I chose the color "Cement" what's a more cool toned one and matches my natural brow color the most.
As you see, there's a lighter shade on the left and a darker one at the right. I love using the lighter one on the outer half of my brow. I mean, I loved it when I tried it at the counter and today at home. As this is a first impression post, I haven't used it more often yet. But I guess I'll stick to it. I really love it.

 
The kit also comes with a mirror, a tiny brush and a little tweezer. Please, how amazing is this?! To be honest, this was one of the main reasons I got this kit. When I first saw it I was like "Oh yay! And they're so cute!". Yep, sometimes it's easy to impress me. Mostly when it comes to mini sized stuff. But seriously, how adorable is this mini brush? And the mini tweezer?! I'm sure they'll become best friends with my mini nail polishes.
The brush is not only adorable though. It's pretty hard and amazing for really getting the product into your brows and getting them in shape at the same time.
The tweezer is the best one I've tried so far. It was so easy to remove even the tiniest little hair with it!

 
Quick swatch of both shades!
The colors are definitely buildable but I wouldn't really recommend it if you have super thin or light brows. My brows are pretty dark and full all by themselves so this one works great on me, but you really should try it before you buy it (crazy rhyme) mostly because it's this expensive. For my fellow German girls and guys: I got it at Douglas for 50,95€.
I know, this is much. It is awesome though but honestly... not everyone of us owns a pot of gold, Bobbi! Well, this is why they call it high end make up. But as Christmas is just around the corner, maybe it's somthing you could remember when you're writing down your wish list. It's really worth having it, as I can say so far. Not only because of the mini brush. Really, the brow kit is amazing. Love at first sight.


What are your favorite brow products? I'd love to know!


Love,

Alina

2 Kommentare:

  1. I love the packaging! I use a similar set by Catrice, it has tiny tweezers and a brush too! I'm not a huge fan of the mini brush but I suppose it's the actual product that matters most anyway :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I bet it'd be a great dupe! I had super bad experiences with catrice so I'm always afraid of getting something new from them, but maybe I'll try now! :)

      Löschen