Samstag, 15. November 2014

Cuticle Tattoo Trend // Extended Nail Art

Hi dolls!

Today's post is about the cuticle tattoo trend.

Maybe you've already heard about it.
The nail art game is getting bigger and bigger and the world always comes up with new trends and ideas.
You may remember Lorde's nails at the Grammy's this year? Well, to be honest, that was a little little bit too much for me. But there was a great idea behind it: extend your nail art. Do not only restrict it to your nails. Go further. And that's what I liked.

The following weeks, I saw more and more amazingly talented girls on Instagram wearing cuticle tattoos as you can get them from Ciaté and other known brands. Some of them even created designs all by themselfes with eyeliner or nail polish.

I don't follow every trend, but this one really catched my eye.
So I thought about giving it a try. I was a bit afraid, because it happens pretty often that I see something on other girls and find it awesome and then I try something like that myself and I'm like "Nah Girl, that's not your thing." and then I'm really dissapointed. Life is just hard sometimes.

Yesterday, a typical Friday night, I painted one of my favorite pastel pinks - Essie "Fiji" - on my nails. I felt like just doing a swatch for the weekend, nothing too outstanding.
But when I woke up this morning, things had changed. I looked into Princess Sparkles eyes (that's my kitten, for everyone who doesn't know) and we both knew: Today is the day. Today is the day for extended nail art.


I applied another layer of "Fiji" because I got weird sleeping lines on my nails and took my bottle of "Licorice", a thin nail art brush and a dotting tool and sat down on my couch.
I just thought the cuticle art would show off the most with fierce black nail polish.
So I painted some tribal inspired lines and dots around my cuticles and wow. I was so super duper happy with how it turned out. It was so easy and for me, it looks amazing.


 
 
My thoughts on cuticle tattoos / extended nail art:
I love it. I really really really love it. So much.
It's amazing how it gives a fancy twist to a simple manicure.
 
I'm not actually sure how healthy it is to wear nail polish on your cuticles, but for a few days it might be okay.
 
Please remember, this is art. If you don't like it, don't do it. I know, this trend is special. But if you like it, go for it and don't mind what others say. It's your nails, your cuticles and you can be as creative if you want!
 
 
Stay beautiful!
 
Love,
 
Alina




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen